Press Contact ::
1-877-MY DAISY (877-693-2479)
Meow Online Recaps NAMM 2013 Daisy Rock Moments
After three days in a trade show where there’s lots of noodling – guitar players, DJs, drummers and bass players – all competing for attention, it’s not easy to encapsulate the cacaphony into something cohesive – but I’ll try.
We did see a whole bunch of extremely rocking women at the First Annual She Rocks breakfast, held by Women’s International Music Network, on Friday, January 25th.
WiMN founder Laura B. Whitmore bestowed the following awards –
- The Mad Skills Award went to Holly Knight, producer, songwriter/artist
- The Inspire Award was given to Orianthi, 27 year old, guitarist prodigy, lead guitarist with the Alice Cooper Band and former Michael Jackson guitarist
- The Vision Award was bestowed on Tish Ciravolo, President of Daisy Rock Girl Guitars
- The Icon Award was presented to Mary Peavey, President of Peavey Electronics
- The She Rocks Champion Award was awarded to Laura Taylor, Sr.VP of Operations for Guitar Center
- The Endurance Award went to MEOW founder, Carla DeSantis Black
- The Next Generation Award was given to Pauline France of Fender.
Orianthi and Ali Handal performed and vocal coach Susan Carr opened the event by showing the capacity crowd some vocal warm-ups.
A great time was had by all, and we look forward to next year’s She Rocks breakfast.
Other weekend highlights: Visiting with Lisa Loeb, Vicki Petersen of the Bangles, and Kelly and Luis of The Dollyrots at the Daisy Rock booth; seeing the pride of Austin, Rosie Flores at the Trussart Guitar booth; meeting fellow journalist Tara Low of Guitar it Up for Girls and the cool ladies of Capturing Couture, who make gorgeous guitar straps for young women!
See the full article here.